Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Mason Jar Monday ~ Champagne Sake Mojito


Okay, I know the holidays are over, but we had some leftover champage... and neither my husband nor I drink it plain.  So, I found this clever take on it and since we love mojitos, thought we would give it a try.

You will need...
Mason Jar of course to serve...
1 bottle of Champagne (we used a dry Champagne)
1 bottle of Sake (we had about 3/4 of a bottle leftover, so we used that)
1 large bunch of mint leaves
fresh juice from 4 limes
2TB sugar or liquid sweetener

First, tear off all the mint leaves and place in the bottom of a large pitcher.  Also, place the sweetener of your choice and the lime juice in the container.  Take the back of a wooden spoon and press against the mint leaves to muddle them with the juice and sweetener.  Next pour the champagne and sake in and stir well. Pour over ice in your mason jars.

Enjoy... 


1 comment:

Sassafras and Winterberry said...

Oh my! I love mojitos! I used to work with a gal who loved them! I bought her some gum flavored like a mojito and she would chew it at school where we worked! Pretty funny! Gotta try this recipe!
Hugs,
Courtney